300k miles so it's time to fix the limp....

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by wimi69, Mar 15, 2012.

1. wimi69

wimi69 New Member

Car:
    97 Jetta
    Greetings:

I have to fix my limp mode, so I'm posting this so I can read the rest of the article. Italian tune ups aren't getting the job done. I'm seriously contemplating an EGR delete, any suggestions as to where to get the block off plates, and an AHU ECU so I can get it programmed? Maybe someone has some parts they'd like to sell.

Thank you.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I don't know if anyone sells the EGR plates but you can try to search for them. You can just use a metal gasket (sheet metal) and cut them so that there's no hole in the middle. I am not sure but you can try malonetuning or kermatdi.com for the ECU reflash. It would be a custom tune since you want the EGR delete.
  3. shak911

shak911 New Member

Car:
    2004 jetta tdi
    Hi Chitty,

I am new here, I had a broken lower EGR pipe at the flex point (both sides) so I thought this would be a good time to remove the EGR function, so I put on blocking (home made) plates, one at the exhaust manifold flange, another on top of the EGR valve, into intercooler, of course the engine runs much quieter now, but the performance seems less than previous, I guess my question to you did I do it right, I did get a 401 code, I reset it and it has not returned yet!! also on deceleration I hear a sound that resembles finns rubbing, is my turbo gone can you please point me in the right direction, new to diesel and VW, your help is needed and thank you in advance...cheers Sam
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    All you have to do is block off the EGR pipes, shouldn't affect performance. You could have a leak.The codes will come back, you need chip tuning to remove the codes permanently.
  5. dieselfiend

dieselfiend New Member

Car:
    1998 VW JETTA TDI
    Wimi where are you in Italy. Im here too with a MkIII.
  6. 13axle

13axle Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Passat 1997 TDI jetta
    This is the only thread I can find in the mk3 for egr delete. I need to know where to route the water and vacuum lines. Any help?
  7. crsmp5

crsmp5 Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    eliminate the 1 hose.. hook other to heater core.. think they even reach...

vac line.. plug it off i guess..

i made block off out of mild steel... but the pipe flange with coin under it works too..
  8. 13axle

13axle Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Passat 1997 TDI jetta
    Sweet. Thanks for the info.