2013 Passat TDI

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Dru, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Dru

Dru New Member

Car:
    Passat/2005
    Went in to test drive a 2012 Passat and fell in love with my 2005 Wagon TDI all over again.
    Really Impressed with the 2012 TDI SE we drove at the dealership, but what was really impressive was that my 05(100K) is very much comparable to the 12(500m). Obvious differences aside; Wagon vs Sedan, New vs Used, adblue vs not, ETC... Performance and handling were very similar. Both nicely tuned suspensions, and the powerplants are related. So with that being said:
    2013 TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver) estimated delivery date 23 July 2012. We can't wait. I like my car and hope it continues for many miles, however the advent of a new passat wagon would be the only way I would want to give up mine. And as for my wife, she is very excited and I am confident this will be a good transportation decision.
    Wondering about advanced reading possibilities?
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Advanced reading possibilities? What do you mean like a Kindle taped to the dashboard ? :D

I too am waiting for a VW Passat wagon TDI...not going to get a VW Touareg TDI. FYI, make sure to read the b5 Passat FAQ if you're not familiar with the oil pump - balance shaft failures. Very common problem, can wreck the engine.

welcometomyturbodies
  3. Dru

Dru New Member

Car:
    Passat/2005
    Lol! there is a lot of technology onboard, and was wondering if anyone has come across any VW digital media to learn about it before we sit in the car. I posed this to my salesman also. I do want to visit in another thread relating to the 05. Also sent you an email concerning my "Two Dollar Mod" Lower Alternator Bolt. Remove and Replace Alternator in 15 minutes or less.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  4. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    Someone on another forum claimed to receive an electronic copy of the updated 2012 owners manual. Would be nice if he played show & share, but hasn't happened. If I find the post, I'll insert it.
  5. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Haven't gotten any email today regarding this.