2013 Passat TDI SE

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by Almir&, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Almir&

Almir& Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SE
    On July 28th I took delivery of 2013 TDI SE. out of the two on the lot in the area of the 3 dealers, I settled for the SE. The other being a SEL, and the options offered were not a selling point for me. This is a 2nd VW for the family (not counting the 2001 A6). I traded in a 2008 Accord for the car, wasn't very happy with the interior gas mileage and overall performance of the car.
    We are much happier with the Passat, which is roomier, very responsive and believe it or not...quiet. I'm on my 2nd fillup and averaging 40.5 mpg. Yes diesel is a bit pricier...but what was the alternative? Chevy Volt?.......please.....

Here she is after getting tints done.

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. shoremnj

shoremnj New Member

Car:
    passat/2012
    Mods:
    20% tint rear 5 windows, 35% front sides.
    please show rear seat vents
  3. Almir&

Almir& Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SE
    Here it is

Attached Files:

4. shoremnj

shoremnj New Member

Car:
    passat/2012
    Mods:
    20% tint rear 5 windows, 35% front sides.
    Thanks, they look good.
  5. soupy

soupy New Member

Car:
    passat TDI (on Order )
    Just today put deposit on a 2013 passat. The present jetta has too many problems ( injection pump, turbo ). Same choice of options. The jetta sunroof opened up by itself sometimes- the auto was a No-go. That is from my dodge truck diesel auto experiences. So it was the SE for me. The price was not the determintion. It needed Manual trans, Sirius/XM capable, But warmers. Anything else was nice. The first step up was over 2000$ more and 3 less MPG withe a sunroof. Congrats. I should have mine by in around 3 months.
  6. Mikebeth

Mikebeth New Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SE
    Mind if I ask how much the tinting cost? Our 2013 SE with black interior is MUCH hotter inside than the SAAB 9-5 with beige leather interior that we traded in. I am wondering if the black interior is the culprit, or the glass. The SAAB had lightly tinted factory glass with a heat reflective coating symbol on the windows. It doesn't look or feel like the Passat has that same type of glass.
  7. Almir&

Almir& Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SE
    I paid 240 for 35's all around. Quality guy, I drove about 150 miles round trip for him to do the work...quality and guarantees his work. There also a tint out there that's the color of blue Mercedes used to put on their cars stock. It's not only a tint but a UV blocker as well, so your car is a it cooler. I think the company is called wincos, or something to that point. I think tints in general will help you out with the heat problem. I'm thinking of tinting the windshield as well..light light light Wincos. I don't like to peddle anyone, but this guy is worth it..people drive from MD for him to do the work. here's a website (http://www.facebook.com/leeberbs)
  8. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Black interior. Black cars are much hotter too.

All factory glass has light tint. Open the door and look at a piece of white paper through the window, then not. Heat reflective = pretty much all factory glass. If you really want good heat reflection, get hybrid metallic or ceramic tint. Reflects more heat than light vs. dyed tint which is just darked plastic film. Metallic tint will harm AM reception but I use hybrid due to cost vs. ceramic and it's not that bad even I don't listen to AM anyways.
  9. Almir&

Almir& Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SE
    Also check the tint laws... States vary from fines to points.