2013 Passat Aspherical Mirrors

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by tomo366, Aug 18, 2012.

1. tomo366

tomo366 New Member

Car:
    96 VW Passat tdi, 84 300D Mercedes,2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium
    Mods:
    Stock
    So I have added Aspherical Mirrors to every TDI I have owned since 2002....
    For those who do not know what Aspherical mirrors are they are basicly blind Spot Mirrors! but it is a Euro Part, the outside 1/3 of the mirror is the Blind spot.....
    I have been considering getting a NEW Passat
    here is what I found out......The 2012 Passats until March/April of this year came equipped with CC,EOS,GLI outside Mirrors for which you could purchase a Euro Aspherical Replacement for........
    After that time period VW has Changed the mirror on the Passat to the MKVI Jetta Style which is a USA only Product as is the new Passat thus NO Euro replacement Aspherical mirror is available...... so unless and until the aftermarket produces an Aspherical they will not be available for the the New Jetta or the New Passat......This is a potential Deal Breaker for me!! As I feel this is the option that should be on every Car!!
    End of VENT!!
    login to remove this ad
  2. TDI_Ryan

TDI_Ryan New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
    I understand that it'd be nice to have those mirrors, but let's regain focus here. They are merely MIRRORS. "Deal breaker" and "mirrors" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Ever.
  3. Palouse

Palouse Member

Car:
    2012 TDI SE with sunroof
    I feel so sorry for you--all is lost for the sake of a mirror. My deepest sympathies! I'm guessing you're looking for an excuse to not buy! Bye-bye!
  4. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    I remember when one or two side mirrors were OPTIONAL.
  5. amsoilguy

amsoilguy New Member

Car:
    2012 Black on Black Volkswagon Passat SEL TDI
    I have an idea. Purchase the mirrors from europe and simply replace the mirros and housing. You I am sure could sell the take offs. By the way, mine is built in February 2012. Where do you order the Aspherical mirros and how much? You know that you will be able to order the CC, maybe even with the mirrors in place.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  6. chudzikb

chudzikb Member

Car:
    06 Jetta, 05.5 Jetta, 03 2 door Golf
    Tomo is dyed in wool VW guy, has had more TDI's than anyone I know. His whole family has them as well. It just must be that important to him. For me, it is the craptastic fuel system, no new ones for me...
  7. ranjr13

ranjr13 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI SEL Platinum Gray/Moonrock
  8. amsoilguy

amsoilguy New Member

Car:
    Yep, I see them. Also contaacted them, and needed to provide my VIn to seee the mirror housings, but with a build of 2/2012, I am reading they should be the CC housings. Thanks!!!!:bowdown
  9. amsoilguy

amsoilguy New Member

Car:
    ECS tells me that these are specific to the NA NMS Passat, according to the vin. Am checking with another site selling them and sent VIN. We shall see and I will let you know.