2013 Audi A3 TDI forum review, buying guide, and FAQ

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf TDI and 2015+ Audi A3 TDI forums' started by chittychittybangbang, Mar 9, 2012.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a3/2014-audi-a3-tdi-review.htm

The buying guide article for the 2013 Audi A3 TDI sedan is now up with this thread to support it. It sums up some of the info from the other thread here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f27/2013-audi-a3-tdi-specs-official-pictures-13768/ and adds some pics. I also animated some of the pics like the LED headlight to show them in action.

Pricing is going to be key on this car. I'll update the article once this is confirmed. In the meantime, here is some speculation on my part. The current car is priced between $30-32,500. The 2013 Audi A4 TDI sedan is supposed to be the spiritual successor to the B5 Audi A4 which was also in the $32,000 range with quattro and V6 back in 1997 so I wouldn't be surprised if the new car was $30-34,000.

However, once you add the goodies, assuming they're even available in North America, the price can skyrocket. I don't know if the LED headlight will make it to the US but below are some prices of options on current models.

On the current A4:
    Audi drive select: $3000
    Adaptive cruise control (radar based): $2000
    Bang and Olufsen stereo upgrade: $850 (standard on highline)
    Audi advanced key: $550 (keyless access and start, standard on highline but why is this even optional on lower models, should be standard)
    MMI plus: $2000

On the A6:
    LED headlights (HID Xenon are already standard): $1400
    Band and Olufsen: $5,900 (not a typo, optional in addition to highline trim)

Here are my guesses on what will come on the highline trim. I'm not putting it into the FAQ article until it's confirmed.
    B&O, sunroof, keyless access and start, and MMI basic with MMI nav optional.

Navigation traditionally costs around $2000 so I'll stick with that. Audi connect is $25-30/month depending on subscription plan.

Bose could also be the standard radio with the B&O optional, priced in the $600-900 range. There's no way they could charge $5,900 for it on the A3 but believe it or not, that's what it costs on the A6. It better be a dang good radio for that much. I've listened to a B&O in an Audi R8 and it's kind of a waste because all the noise from driving overwhelms the radio and if you're listening to something like sat radio the signal is so compressed you can't appreciate it anyways. It's only $1,800 on that model and he bought the car off the lot.

Currently, the Bose is part of a convenience package but seriously, just include it in the highline trim for the price.

LED headlights might be optional for around $1000. Drive select will come with the optional adaptive suspension for around $2500-3000.

I'm guessing the s-line package will be around $2000 since that's where it is now.

So if they have all these options available you might load up a highline from $33 to $43,000 after delivery. On the bright side, A4 have historically depreciated less than A6.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Audi released a pic that showed the regular HID so I added that. Yes that is a pop out washer. If you have HID in Europe a washer is required. For fun I also made an animated gif of the LED headlights. While I love the look and exclusivity of the LED headlights, they don't turn into corners or self level. Plus, I have a feeling they're going to be in the $1000 range. If it were $2-300 above HID I might be interested but if it's $1000 in addition to HID now you're around $2000-2500. That could add 8% to the cost of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]