2012 VW Volkswagen Transporter T5 T28 T5.1 Campervan Motorhome White £28000 6 Seater Sleeps 4

Discussion in 'Diesel Cars and SUV' started by judderi, Nov 2, 2016.

1. judderi

judderi New Member

Car:
    2002 Bora Sport TDI
    Price now at £26,000

For sale is my 2012 SWB T28 T5.1 Transporter complete with full professional camper van conversion. It is registered as a Motor Caravan on the V5. The van was purchased and converted to our own high specification in November 2013 by Imperial Car Center in Shorpe. 3 previous owners however one of which was my personal business before i changed it into my name for insurance reasons. The van is very reliable and has never let me down once. The van is of a very high spec with only the best parts and equipment used. I will try and list everything below.

The engine is a 2.0 tdi which has been professionally remapped on a rolling road to stage 1 giving an extra 45bhp & 70 foot pounds of torque making the drive much more powerful and economical. The V5 is present. MOT till June 2017.

The base van is a T28 chassis and benefits from Air conditioning, electric folding wing mirrors, electric windows, cruise control, multi function steering wheel and genuine reversing sensors. In addition to this the van has been fitted with 20" Range Rover Stormer alloy wheels which have been hydro dipped with a zebra print and fitted with fully load rated tires. Zebra print vinyl wrapped wing mirrors which could be removed if not to your taste. Chrome overlay styling to the front grill, side repeaters and door handles. The bumpers are all colour coded with fog lights fitted in the front. Black side running bars and a rear door spoiler. There is a reversing camera flush fit into the center of the rear bumper which can also be used as a rear view mirror courtesy of the Pioneer double din stereo unit. The stereo has CD, USB, DAB & Bluetooth inputs and has been upgraded with hidden dash tweeters, 6 x 9 rear speakers and a 10" JL sub woofer under the front passenger seat all powered with a amplifier installed under the rear seats.

Inside the van the front double seat has been fitted with a swivel base allowing you to fully rotate the seats giving extra space and seating when camping. Under the seat is storage space and the 10" sub woofer.

The van benefits from a Webasto Airtop 2000st diesel night heater which is installed under the vehicle securely behind a steel shield and blows into the van from a duct installed in the rear of the drivers seat base. The night heater also benefits from Webasto's thermo call unit allowing you to operate the heating from anywhere via a mobile phone. Thermo call also allows you to monitor the vans internal temperature and battery voltage remotely.

The electrical system on the van has all bases covered. You can run off grid via the 2 heavy duty 110ah Banner Energy Bull deep cycle batteries secured under the rear seats. These batteries are often rated as the best lead acid batteries available. You can also hook up to mains power via the external 3 pin connector located beneath the rear bumper. Using electric hook up the Sergent EC160 power supply unit will power all the 12v electrical devices in the van as well as supplying 240v via a standard 3 pin plug socket installed on the kitchen island front. The Sergent unit will also charge the leisure batteries for you. The leisure batteries are also kept topped up while you drive thanks to the Victron Energy Cyrux-ct 120 amp split charge system. You can also run off grid thanks to the PWM 10 amp solar charge controller, just hook up your own solar panel of choice. Inside the van there are 12v cigarette lighter style charging sockets on each side of the rear chairs and also on the kitchen island. The front panel of the kitchen island also has the thermostat control for the heater, the dimmer switch for the 4 x internal LED lights and a handy voltage gauge so you can keep an eye on your power.

The stand alone kitchen pod houses a Waeco 12v compressor Fridge Freezer with small storage compartment above. Single burner gas hob and stainless steel sink with drainer and glass lid & water storage cupboard below sink. Between the kitchen pod and drivers seat secures a drop in round table and a CO2 alarm.

Full width RIB crash tested seats with 3 over the shoulder 3 point seat belts. The seat converts into a full king size bed with adjustable back rest allowing you to sit up in bed and watch TV comfortably.

LCD TV & DVD player which can also play from memory sticks or portable hard disks. The TV is installed on a maneuverable mount secured to the B pillar.

Gas locker with floor vent at the rear of the vehicle in its own enclosure complete with a safety shut off valve allowing you to take the vehicle on ferries and the Euro tunnel.

The van was fitted with a REIMO pop top roof which also incorporates a double bed above. The bed can be pushed upwards when not in use to give full standing height inside the van making the interior feel so much bigger.

There is storage both under the front & rear seats, inside the kitchen island, above the rear seats and also behind the rear seats. We have always found the storage to be more than adequate. Who needs wardrobes! There is also a porta toilet hidden away beneath the center seat.

Black out curtains fitted to all rear windows and suction cup reflective fitted blinds for the front windows.

The van recently suffered a cylinder head gasket failure due to my own fault when i forgot to secure a water hose clamp. Rather than simply getting the head gasket replaced and the head skimmed i wanted full confidence in the engine as i was about to do 4,000 miles in Europe on holiday. So i opted to have a full engine rebuild carried out at a cost of £2409.85. As a result you can be confident that the van has an engine that is as good as new with all new essential parts including the water pump, timing belt, dual mass flywheel and clutch replaced. The work was carried out professionally by Van Engine Services in Birmingham and is still under warranty for a further 6,000 miles or 8 months which ever comes first. Im glad i had the work carried out as the van covered the 4,000 miles on my holiday without missing a beat. Other recent mechanical work includes all new brake disks and pads & a new Outer CV joint. There are no known mechanical issues with the van and everything works just as it should. Just been serviced with an Oil and filter change.

I have more pictures available which i can send on request.

I am willing to negotiate on price but only face to face once you have viewed the van. No silly offers please.

I also have a set of 16" standard steel wheels powder coated white with Snow & Ice tyres available and a drive away awning.

Contact Ben 07792 850367 BenRobinson532@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]