2010 JSW high beam upgrade?

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by true blue tdi, Jun 20, 2012.

1. true blue tdi

true blue tdi New Member

Car:
    2010 JSW TDI DSG
    This is my first post as a new member with a new-to-me 2010 JSW DSG TDI with 23k miles. I really appreciate those of you who post helpful information here as it has aided me in making several decisions about modifications (9w7, fog lights, under seat drawer, SS tips, monster mats, tint).

So here's the issue for this post: I drive quite a bit at night in areas where deer and other critters have a tendency to get in the road. I have ordered a fog light kit from ESC Tuning to help illuminate the sides, but I would like to see further down the road when I have the opportunity to run high beams.

I will be courteous to other drivers and am just seeking technical advice from anybody who can help with information about upgrading the high beam bulbs. I don't want to install HID's in the factory housings nor replace the housings, so I know any improvement will be limited. Something a little whiter and/or a little brighter would be nice.

Am I correct that the high beam bulb is an H15 with dual-filaments consisting of a 55-watt bulb for high beam and a 15-watt bulb for DRL?

Are any upgrade bulbs available in H15?

Thanks, Mike
    login to remove this ad