2009 TDI sportwagen radiator

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by 3cyl, Dec 22, 2016.

1. 3cyl

3cyl New Member

Car:
    2009 VW TDI jetta Sportswagen
    Buy back scheduled. Wife needs a new car now because HPFP went bad filling fuel system with metal shreds. I gave up on draining the radiator. Actually I figured out all by myself I was messing with the intercooler anyway.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    What does the radiator or intercooler have to do with the HPFP? You may want to step away from car until you understand how things work under the hood...............

What is the problem you are experiencing?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  3. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Then after spilling the headlight fluid, you just have to walk away.

4. 3cyl

3cyl New Member

Car:
    2009 VW TDI jetta Sportswagen
    well, I was following a "how to" (http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/cbea-cjaa-vw-jetta-golf-jsw-tdi-timing-belt-removal-part-1/) on replacing the HPFP that included removing an engine mount bolt and disconnecting the radiator line from the block. I felt pretty good about the how to and I've learned that dropping steps from a procedure isn't always the best idea. So I was looking to disconect the radiator hose and there are two nice fat black rubber hoses, one connected to the block at the front of the engine. Anyway they weren't radiator hoses and it's a fact I don't know what the intercooler does. Long story short I didn't remove the engine mount bolt or the radiator hose and at this point I have no idea why those procedures are recommended. I believe I can remove the sprocket on the HPFP and lock the timing with the room I have now. I could use some guidance on finding TDC on that car.