1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

2009 Jetta TDI Dent from Port?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by tag, Nov 2, 2009.

1. tag

tag New Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    My wife and I purchased a 09 Jetta TDI, I noticed a dent in the driver side ROCKER PANEL months after we drove off the lot. As soon as I saw it I went to the dealership where 5 employees who were looking at the car 3 from the Service Department and the Sales Manager-Finance Manager along with my Salesman. They all concluded it happened at the Port. The sales manager set up an appointment with the VW Rep. and the owner of the dealership. They looked at it along with a very small blemish in the paint near the Hood ( you can hardly see) they said it "Did not happen at the Port". But they could not find a scratch any where around the ROCKER PANEL and could not figure how it got there. VW Rep. said he checked all the check points of my car from Port to Dealer and didn't find a thing. He said VW will not fix it, I am still working on this as it would have had to have been hit pretty hard as it is the main part of the frame. Any help or ideas would be helpful. Enclosed are 2 pictures

Thanks ~ Tag

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. grn04

grn04 New Member

It must have happened before delivery because I don't see any scratches either. Keep on it or go to another dealer because they barely inspect the cars and it's hard to see a dent there.
  3. tag

tag New Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    Thanks for your reply. I just got back from a Body Shop they are going to measure the small area near the Hood of the car as well as all around the car. The owner of the Body Shop he had no idea how it got there as he also didn't see anything to show it had been hit. It is more of a crease than a dent.
    I am hoping when they measure the area around the hood it will show either a air brushed area or a rubbed out area, Im guessing that would mean the Dealer did it ~ and lead to what happened where the dent is.

I am also trying to find someone at VW who is in charge of quality control or some higher up VW contacts I can get in touch with.

Thanks,
    Tag
  4. kamip

kamip Member

Wow that sucks, keep on them. It's going to be tough after a few months though.
  5. mar

mar New Member

Fixing dent

Hi:

I am in the Philadelphia area and use a shop called Carisma In Exton, PA which pops out dents without doing paint or scratch repair; look for a similar entity in your area.

If no paint is missing and there are no scratches they can usually just pop it out assuming the dent is not near a support beam or is away from where the steel is doubled up. My 2010 Jetta TDI Wagon got hit by a shopping cart and I paid like $75.00 to get this done and it took them like 1/2 hour so get it fixed and send them the bill and have the shop give you an "expert report" stating in their opinion its was port damaged.
  6. tag

tag New Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    Looking for VW contacts for Earlier Post

I am trying to find someone at VW who is in charge of quality control or some higher up VW contacts I can get in touch with. This is concerning ~ My post: 2009 Jetta TDI Dent from Port?

Thanks,
    Tag