2005 Passat TDI transmission issues

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Impact_auto, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Impact_auto

Impact_auto New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 2005
    I recently did the BSM delete and at the same time replaced the torque converter with upgraded seal. All was well for a couple thousand miles until the bolt holding the transmission cooler lines worked loose and caused a massive dump of transmission fluid. This occurred while I was out of town and my son was driving it. Upon returning home I tightened the bolt and added trans fluid until it ran out and started the car, going through the gears. The transmission did not engage in any gear position and the cooler lines or fluid never warmed up. It appears the transmission pump is not generating any pressure. My next step is to remove the pan to see if the dump of transmission fluid was more gradual resulting in damaged clutches which could also have plugged the filter. Another thought is a burned up pump. I have not dropped the pan yet, but that may be my next step. I am hoping for a solution other than a transmission replacement. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. firebird

firebird New Member

Car:
    2005 vw passat tdi
    Its it on limp mode? Did you check the check engine codes? I had same issue, a bad hose leak transmission oil, and my car entered on safe mode, you need a vagcom to reset this mode,

3. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    sounds cooked to me... they do not last with no oil.. the oil pump inside burns up causing no oil pressure to work..