2005 Passat TDI intake piping

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by jeffj44646, Apr 16, 2012.

1. jeffj44646

jeffj44646 New Member

Car:
    '06 Jetta TDI & '05 Passat TDI
    I'm working to replace the hose that connects the turbo outlet to the metal crossover pipe on my wife's 2005 Passat TDI. The power cable that feeds the starter has worn a hole in the pipe. This seems to be a common problem. The end that connects to the crossover pipe came apart easily, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the end loose at the turbo. It appears to use the same spring clip that is used everywhere else to hold hoses on, but inserting a screw driver in the loop and prying up to release the clip does nothing. It doesn't move. I'm afraid of prying too hard and breaking something in the process of getting it apart. Does anyone have experience in taking this apart on their car?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    [​IMG]

This one right? Very common prob, check out the b5 buying guide for some other common probs, also check other side.

Try using pliers to grab one end of the clip, I don't remember anything unusual about that end.
  3. jeffj44646

jeffj44646 New Member

Car:
    '06 Jetta TDI & '05 Passat TDI
    Yes, that's the one. I'll try again after work today. Unfortunately you can't see turbo end of the hose that good with the front end of the car still together. The picture you attached helps. Thanks.