1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

2005 passat fell on its face

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by oldschool, Jun 25, 2012.

1. oldschool

oldschool New Member

Car:
    tdi beetle tdi passat
    Hi all, I'm a first timer here. My wife's Passat was running bad, I took it out and "stood on it" and it fell on it's face, I popped off the timing belt cover and it looked OK, it acted like no fuel , so I replaced the tandem pump. after LOTS of cranking and a little either the best I could get it to do was backfire. So I went back to square one and checked the timing belt... yep...this time I found a missing tooth so I'm doing a timing belt now. Got to get back to work, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Oldschool
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    welcometomyturbodies

Warning: missing tooth often = slipped sprocket. Set engine to TDC and if it's off it's possible you also need to remove-repair head. also check out new buying guide for other catch up maintenance.