1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

2005-05 passat wagon cargo space dimensions

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by silverbill, Feb 17, 2012.

1. silverbill

silverbill New Member

Car:
    2005 tdi passat
    Love my recently acquired 2005 Passat tdi sedan. Really great car. Am very tempted to get rid of the Volvo 850 wagon (sorry, I know) and get the same year Passat wagon. Anyone know the exact size of the cargo area when rear seats completely folded down?
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    according to edmunds it's Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 39 cu.ft.
    Maximum cargo capacity: 56.5 cu.ft.

before you get another passat, check out the b5 new owners guide for common probs. the camshafts and oil pumps love to wear out on these cars and it's suggested to budget for replacement.
  3. silverbill

silverbill New Member

Car:
    2005 tdi passat
    Wow, thanks for the quick response. Re. the engine condition, I did get it inspected by a VW dealer before purchasing, and it was given a clean bill of health. No oil leaks, weird noises, or hesitations, will get over 40mpg on the freeway. Hard to tell if there are issues or not, but no reason to suspect so. It seems like a well looked after car.

Re. the cargo space. Thanks for those. I found the same volume dimensions by googling, but what I'm looking for are the actual height, length, and breadth measurements. For some strange reason, nothing is listed online that I can find. I'd like to compare it to my current wagon, and also to the previous model passat wagons.
  4. shuswap

shuswap Member

Car:
    2005 Golf TDI auto
    Silverbill,
    Not to try and ruin your delightful experience with the TDI, but the dealership would be near-to-the-last place to look for help, in my experience.

There is a wealth of wisdom on this site and some things need to be looked into BEFORE they cost you much more than is necessary. You would be well advised to get to know a TDI guru near where you live and get used to the idea that these are different little machines to look after....not difficult, just different.

I'm thinking about a Passat wagon as well....as once you taste diesel, it's tough to go back to gassy.
  5. silverbill

silverbill New Member

Car:
    2005 tdi passat
    This website is great. I've started reading through the buying / ownership guides for the mk4 passat. Really useful stuff. Thanks for the input. (Still don't know what size the cargo area is in a 2005 wagon, but I look forwards to learning how to maintain my passat maintain my car properly.) :)
  6. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    hatch opening is about 30" tall, cargo area is about 33" tall, 42" wide at wheel wells, 44" at door sill height (widest points), and about 72" long at longest point. There was stuff back there so consider these +/- 1"