2004 TDI jetta PD (Rapid City South Dakota)

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by omgbigdeal, Mar 22, 2012.

1. omgbigdeal

omgbigdeal New Member

Car:
    2004 tdi jetta
    Hey not new to tdi's ,but I am having a heck of a time with this high mileage tdi (220,000 miles)
    I am not sure of the history and I don't have a vag-com. I have replaced a couple vacuum lines, fixed the boost actuator wires. Initially the car had the p2564 code and p0299, after fixing those issues I cleared the codes and car maybe does 30mph at this point no better than before except no CEL. I clean MAF with some cleaner and car still is gutless but now goes maybe 50mph on load will rev out to 3-3500 rpms. still occasionally getting p0299, I find that the shroud has rubbed through the intercooler and 3 sections have holes, so I get intercooler fixed and pressure tested, install it and it sounds better initially go for test drive and the car still doesn't go past maybe 50mph and it still feels like I am getting no boost. The car does not smoke at and the boost actuator moves starting at 5mm vacuum and stops at right around 20mm of vacuum, it holds vacuum for quite some time. When vacuum is released is goes back smooth. I need a vag-com, but I have a mac so even if I had one it would be difficult to run or expensive.

Oh yeah I'm Teroy
    login to remove this ad
  2. omgbigdeal

omgbigdeal New Member

Car:
    2004 tdi jetta
    Also I have read so much about this my brain hurts.....
  3. omgbigdeal

omgbigdeal New Member

Car:
    2004 tdi jetta
    If somebody can offer some pixie dust or maybe cast a fix it spell my way haha thanks.
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Unforunately, it's hard to diagnose without further testing. HAve you tried unplugging MAF and see if any difference? http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/low-power-fix-TDI.htm Here's low power checklist, sounds like a fueling issue. This can be caused by a number of other issues but without testing, just have to throw out guesses.