1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

2002 Beetle Wont stay running after start??

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Glen, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Glen

Glen New Member

Car:
    Beetle 2002
    Car sat for 6 months,tryed to start and acted like fuel pump,so mechanic charged $419 for new pump and same thing still? Car starts then turns off after 1-2 seconds.. Sounds good then dies? Any Ideas? Thanks Again.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
  3. Glen

Glen New Member

Car:
    Beetle 2002
    I told my wife not to go to that shop,I was out of town when she needed the car...
    dont mind working on my car myself.. do I have to replace this "Immobiliser"?? who can remove my alarm? my car is only worth maybe $1600-$2000... (kids learned to drive in it) We just need it to run again. :) P.s Thanks
  4. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Did you go through the link I posted? It should have all the info in there.:)