1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

1994 mk3 jetta/vento central locking

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by m2rekkk, Aug 30, 2010.

1. m2rekkk

m2rekkk New Member

I have a problem with my central locking system/ alarm. When I try to lock my doors from the driver's side it only locks the drivers door. But if I try to open it then it opens all the doors. Same problem goes with my passanger door.
    There is also a problem locking/unlocking doors remotly. It never works on the first time i click, usually it works on the third try. Its like the vacuum pump gets the signal because it makes a short noise and the lights also blink but thats it. Im using WAECO MT150.
    I alredy checked the vacuum hoses and I didnt spot any leaks.
    Sorry for my grammer and I hope someone can help me with my problem.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Did you check the vacuum hoses in the door wiring boot? Did you check the wiring to make sure it hasn't cracked? There should be a rubber boot in the door hinge. Slide it back and carefully inspect all the wiring.

Have a helper press the remote while you look at the vacuum pump. Maybe it's bad and can only go one way.
  3. 6eggs

6eggs New Member

Car:
    none
    Mods:
    Wyo
    Is a WAECO MT150 an aftermarket remote?
  4. m2rekkk

m2rekkk New Member

The wiring and the hoses seemed okay in the door wiring boot's.

Also yes the WAECO MT150 should be an aftrermarket remote but i don't think that the problem is with it because the vacuum pump gets the signal when i click on the remote.
  5. 6eggs

6eggs New Member

Car:
    none
    Mods:
    Wyo
    Chitty, do you know how to check the vacuum pump?
  6. Tastes like Diesel

Tastes like Diesel New Member

Car:
    1996 Jetta TD
    central locking

I would imagine that checking all the plastic lines for leaks could be tough to do visually. Perhaps if you have a Mity Vac you could tap into the lines and see if you can a) make the locks work and b) see if the vacuum holds. I would think you could also put a vacuum gage on the pump, unfortunately I don't have the specs for this.

I recently repaired my own car and discovered that a line had let go at one of the connectors inside the door jamb area. The other observation that I made was that the pump would run for 10-20 seconds when activated. I'd be a bit concerned if you pump only come on for a second or two.