06 BEW Golf Lift pump

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Swampdonkey, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey New Member

Car:
    2006 golf
    The in tank lift pump on my 06 Golf BEW has failed, no sound with key on or while running . No fuel flow out of the filter with key on cycle. I've had no obvious running problems other than hard starting in the cold -20 C or colder, and longer crank time to start when hot. I need a new lift pump but the assembly is $500 at Napa, or $675 at VW. I need a cheaper option. Is it possible to pull a pump from the fuel tank assembly in a gas engine model Golf and install it in my lift pump module? The other option is to buy a pump motor from an EBay seller for $90 and replace my burnt out pump. Are there any other pump motors from other model VW's that would work?

login to remove this ad
  2. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey New Member

Car:
    2006 golf
    Has anyone used the replacement lift pump motor from the EBay seller Defender-Tech to repair their original tan pick up module, I'm leaning towards that option, it's $90 USD plus shipping, so I should be able to get up and running for around $150.

3. drucifer

drucifer Member

Car:
    2004 jetta tdi pd wagon
    Mods:
    panzer plate fmj
    Yes I bought it at least 2 years ago. Everything fine for 40k. Item same as Id parts for 230. Difference it took about 2 weeks to deliver.