I installed OEM HID headlights into my car today.. along with the highline cecm. Outside of the cecm, everything is from ECS Tuning's kit they sell (all OEM parts, plus the Kufatec harness adapters). I ran wires from pins 11 on the adapters to the correct pins on the cecm plugs, following the guide here and the diagram from the vortex
. (just to be sure, the "right headlight" is the passenger headlight on a US car, correct? It's rather annoying that everyone appears to refer to 'right' & 'left' headlights, without specifying what the point of view is.)
The result is..
xenon with shutter enabled in vcds (xenon without shutter turned off): inner lights work as a 'flash-to-pass' when the headlights are off. When headlights are turned on the HID lights turn on.. nothing happens when flashing highbeams other than the cluster's 'highbeam' indicator coming on, and nothing happens when switching highbeams on full time. No CEL occurs either (I saw that a CEL might occur in this situation on a thread on the vortex).
xenon without shutter enabled in vcds (xenon with shutter turned off): everything works as above, however the inner lights also come on both when flashing & turning highbeams on full time. The bi-xenon shutter does not move, not matter the situation. Still no CEL or other fault.
This is on a 2009 SportWagen. The country for the cluster was set to '0' in the instrument module in VCDS. I set this to '4' for Great Britain and nothing changed.. door chime still comes on, headlights operate the same as above, cluster settings remained the same, etc. I didn't think to set the country to the US code, but I doubt that would matter at this point.
Any ideas then? My logic tells me that it's unlikely both shutters wouldn't work if this were a simple wiring issue (unless I really screwed up my wiring some how). So, either I plugged these into the cecm incorrectly (possible, but I'm pretty sure I plugged them into the right spots.. triple-checked that when I was doing it), something is somehow still wrong in VCDS, or the shutters simply aren't working (not very likely, obviously).
I don't have the VCDS cable any more (was borrowing it), so I won't be able to test any changes for a few days, but I did take screenshots of all of the long coding helper screens for the cecm for the midline cecm, and the only changes I made on the highline cecm, after verifying all other settings matched the midline cecm, were related to the xenon lights being installed (DRL's were already disabled).