Hello, welcome to myturbodiesel.com.
This is a passenger car turbo diesel website with an focus on Volkswagen TDI and Audi TDI. On this website you'll find many writeups, articles, and frequently asked questions (FAQ) ranging from how a turbocharger works to DIY maintenance writeups on your car.
The difference between myturbodiesel.com and other car sites is that the content is updated, corrected, and added to in a standardized, easy to navigate, and easy to use format. Writeups are not put out in .pdf file format because once a .pdf file is released, it gets passed around and saved. It's impossible to make updates and corrections to a .pdf file if people are distributing old and outdated information. The writeups on myturbodiesel.com are centralized so they can be kept up to date with the latest information. Please do not copy the material and paste it elsewhere either because it won't be updated. If you wish to share something on this site, please just post a link.
Writeups also feature links to vendors so that you can easily compare prices and parts for the work that you need to do. Myturbodiesel is free to use and free to join so please sign up at the forums at Myturbodiesel.com forums or just browse through the writeups and general FAQ at 1000 answered questions - the turbodiesel FAQ.
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
Liability Exclusion and Release
We have no liability whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in connection with your use of and/or access to this Website and any of its content. We hereby specifically assume no liability for any damages arising out of or related to: (1) any errors, inaccuracies or omissions contained in any of the content; (2) any personal injuries or property damage resulting to you or to any third party from your use of and/or access to the website, (3) any unauthorized access to your personal information and/or financial information by any third parties through the Website, and (4) any viruses or Trojan horses you may acquire due to your use of and/or access to the Website. These specific exclusions of liability are provided as examples only and shall not in any way limit or reduce our exclusion of all liability hereunder. You should use your best judgment and exercise caution when and where appropriate while using this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under
the control of myturbodiesel.com. We have no control over the nature, content
and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily
imply a recommendation or endorse the views or products expressed within the link.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the website takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being unavailable.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information provided by myturbodiesel.com has no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Myturbodiesel.com reserves the right in it's sole discretion to reject, refuse, or remove any posting or material and immediately terminate or suspend your access to the site at any time for any reason without prior notice and without liability.
Subscription to/Registration with our Website
You may subscribe to receive emails related to certain services and products offered by us and our affiliates. You will only be required to submit your name and email address to subscribe to receive these promotional emails. You may also register an account with us which will grant you the ability to access and post certain user-supplied content in, certain areas of the website where the accessing and posting by non-members is prohibited. You will not be required to submit any personal information such as home address, telephone numbers or bank or credit card account information solely in order to subscribe to our emails or register an account on our website. You may be required, however, to submit any personal information that may be required in order to purchase or lease any of the equipment offered on our website. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link contained in each email you receive or by contacting us at: By subscribing or registering an account with us, you agree that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and correct; and (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information at all times during the term of your subscription and/or the period when your account is active.
Posting Content on the Website
The Content includes comments posted on this website by its users on message boards and other areas of the website. This content may not be reviewed by us prior to its posting on the website and should not be considered to reflect our opinions as to its subject matter. We are not responsible for monitoring the content on our website. Though we may review the content periodically we are under no continuing obligation to do so.
Upon submitting your name and email information when registering to post a comment, you will be allowed to post your own comments to the website subject to your agreement and/or adherence to the following terms and conditions:
• You shall not be entitled to any confidentiality with respect to the comments you post on the website.
• You shall be solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of posting or publishing. In connection with the content that you submit to the website, you hereby represent to us that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and/or permissions to use, and further authorize us to use, all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in such content.
• By submitting any content to us, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicense-able, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted and worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, sublicense, modify, adapt the content in for any purposes whatsoever, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the website in any media formats and through any media channels. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR ABILITY TO USE AND ACCESS AND PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMENTS ON THE WEBSITE, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE AND THAT YOU SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR THIS LICENSE.
• In connection with the content you post, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material. You acknowledge that we disclaim any and all liability in connection with the content that you post on this website, including but not limited to liability related to any claims for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringements, defamation, negligence, recklessness or intentional torts that arise directly or indirectly from your content.
• You shall not post any content that we consider to be Prohibited Content and Activities (as defined below). You further acknowledge that: (a) we have the right to delete any of your content that, in our sole opinion, to be Prohibited Content and Activities; and (b) you are solely responsible for any content that you post on this website for all of your activities while accessing or using this website and that you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any liability, including but not limited to costs of suit and reasonable attorneys’ fees, that we incur directly or indirectly as a result of any content that you post on this website or any of your Prohibited Content and Activities.
• You may not copy, modify, or distribute any content of the website without the express written permission of myturbodiesel.com except one copy for your own personal, noncommercial use which you may not redistribute.
Prohibited Content and Activities
You shall not post any prohibited content on this website or engage in prohibited activities (collectively the “Prohibited Content and Activities”) while using or accessing this website. “Prohibited Content and Activities” include but are not limited to:
1. using or accessing our website in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws and regulations;
2. harassing or advocating the harassment of another person;
3. submitting information that you know is false or misleading or that promotes illegal activities;
4. engaging in conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
5. any comments or activities that are: (a) offensive; (b) promote racism, hatred physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (c) exploit people in a sexual or violent manner; or (d) contain nudity, violence, animal cruelty, offensive subject matter or links to adult website(s);
6. transmitting junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or spamming;
7. furthering or promoting any criminal activity or enterprise or providing instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
8. soliciting passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users of the website;
9. engaging in unauthorized commercial activities, sales, contests, sweepstakes or any other form of advertising on our website;
10. posting a photograph or other content belonging to another person without that person's consent;
11. engaging in criminal or tortuous activity, including but not limited to child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, or copyright, trademark or patent infringement;
12. attempting to impersonate another person;
13. using false name or email accounts when using or accessing the website;
14. soliciting or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for any commercial activities on or through the website.
15. causing harm to us or adversely affecting our brand name and/or reputation.
We may in our sole discretion deem any other Content or activities not specifically listed herein to be Prohibited Content or Activities. We reserve the right to take appropriate action against anyone who, in our sole opinion, has engaged in Prohibited Content and Activities; restricting, limiting or terminating the user’s access to and/or account with this website; instituting legal, administrative or criminal proceedings against the user; and/or referring the user’s contain and account information to any appropriate law enforcement agencies.
If you feel that any user is engaging in Prohibited Content and Activities, you may notify us through the support forum. We reserve the right to investigate any user complaint and take whatever action we consider, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate. You acknowledge that we do not have the ability to respond to or investigate every complaint we receive or take every action that may be available to us. You hereby specifically disclaim us from any liability related to any action we may take or may fail to take in response to any user complaints.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any use of, or text or images posted on this website, infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The address for our designated Copyright Agent, as registered with the United States Copyright Office, to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
c/o East West Social Media, LLC
167 Cherry Street
Milford, CT 06460
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to our customer service through the forum. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
If you posted any material that was removed pursuant to this Section and believe that the material removed was not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (a) your physical or electronic signature; (b) identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (c) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and (d) your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Connecticut, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, in our sole discretion.
We may, from time to time, have competitions, prize drawings or other promotions and offers on this website (collectively the “Promotions”). These Promotions may be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you on the website on the particular web pages for those Promotions in addition to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. No minor children will be allowed to enter any Promotions; the parents or guardians of any minor children must enter the Promotions on their behalf.
Compliance with Local Laws
The website is controlled and offered by East West Social Media, LLC from its facilities in Connecticut. We make no representations that the website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with their local laws.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the website shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Connecticut and you hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of these courts.
If any of these terms and conditions of this Agreement should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any reviewing court of competent jurisdiction, such illegal, invalid or unenforceable terms shall be severed and deleted from this Agreement, only within the jurisdiction of such reviewing court, and the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This website is not affiliated with VW of America, Audi of America, or Volkswagen Auto Group.
Information Collection and Use
We request information from the user on our registration pages. Here a user must provide contact information (i.e. an email address) and may receive inquiries about product preferences, buying behavior, or other questions designed to improve our service to our customers. This information is used solely for the purposes of improving our overall customer service. Should the user choose to opt in for our email promotional notices then the user email address will be used for this purpose.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, that information is protected both on-line and off-line.
It is our policy to protect your personal information by doing the following:
(a) Safeguarding any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information from any misuse by third parties;
(b) Protecting the confidentiality of your personal information;
(c) Prohibiting the unlawful disclosure of your personal information;
(e) Limiting the access of your personal information only to our employees who need access to your personal information in order to allow us to sell and provide our products, limiting the access of these employees to extent that it is needed, and otherwise imposing restrictions and reasonable safeguards on our employees to prevent them from accessing your personal information.
In the event that there is ever a breach of security regarding your personal
information, we intend to comply with applicable state and federal law requirements regarding the notification and disclosure to you and to the appropriate authorities of the circumstances surrounding the breach.
“Personal information” for this section is defined as any information that you may provide to us that can be used to identify you individually, including but not limited to your name, email address, home address, telephone or fax numbers, driver’s license number, state identification card number, bank account number, credit card or debit card number, passport number, alien registration number, as well as any company account number that we assign to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary solely for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Partners & Advertisers
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Editing Your Account Information and Preferences
If a user's personally identifiable information changes we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us. Users may change their information by filling out their user profile or by contacting a forum moderator.
Users who no longer wish to receive our online promotional materials or email newsletters from us or our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by changing your user profile preferences to not receive emails.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction